Does your brother printer keep going offline and you are struggling to get it back online? Then read our given solutions below and windows 10 and MAC and it will solve your brother printer offline issue quickly.
If you have some urgent work to do and you are not able to print because your installed Brother printer keeps going offline, you need to set some settings of the printer to continue your work. Generally, in Windows 10, the feature is there to adjust the parameters of the printer, if it is not happening, there might be some requirement of some physical changes to the installed printer to restore the normal functioning.
Why Brother printer is Offline Windows 10 & Mac
Every time Windows 10 is updated, the Brother printer goes offline. In addition to Windows 10 updates and driver updates, you may encounter other reasons for taking your printer offline. Windows 10’s connection problems are the main cause of the offline message that appears on the Brother printer.
Check Brother Printer Connectivity
It is possible for the Brother Printer to show an offline message when the laptop, wireless network or router are not properly connected to Windows 10. To check all connections in this situation, you need to follow these steps.
To Check Connectivity of Brother Printer > Restart PC > WIFI Connected > Printer and Computer Conencted to same Network > Check Mordem Light > Now Print
- Restart your printer and wait until it is fully functional for 1-2 minutes.
- Make sure the printer is connected (wireless or USB).
- Make sure that your computer and printer are both connected properly and securely to the USB cable.
- Make sure you are connected to the correct network if you are using a wireless or WiFi connection. When you are connected, a solid-state light will appear on your printer.
- Print a test page.
Some Other Things to Try
- Make sure that you keep the machine powered. If the screen is blank, probably it is off or on sleep mode.
- Check the PC to see if there are any error messages. It may be any sort of paper jam or the ink box maybe empty.
- Make sure that you connect the printer correctly with the PC.
- If you connect the printer through USB, make sure that both ends are connected. Connect the computer directly with the PC and not through a hub.
- Print the network configuration page to check the IP address if you are using a wireless connection.
- For Windows 10: Make sure to set the brother printer as the default printer.
- For Mac: Correct printer driver for the brother printer should have.
Brother printer connected to WiFi but offline on Windows 10
If your Brother printer is connected but says offline, the problem may be with the printer status. Windows 10 printer properties may not list the selected printer as the default printer, it might be offline, or it might be paused. Make sure you check all the issues by using these steps.
To Fix Brother Printer Connected but Offline Error Go to > Control Panel >Brother Printer > Set as Default > Resume Printing > Test Print
- From the Control Panel, open the Printers and Devices window.
- Open “See what’s printing” by selecting your Brother printer and right-clicking on it.
- Choose “Set as default printer” again after right-clicking the selected printer.
- Depending on whether your printer is offline or paused, you can see the status under “Set as default printer”.
- Click “Resume printing” to resume printing the Brother printer if it is paused.
- Test the printer.
How to Get Brother Printer Online, If All the Settings Are Correct
If all the above settings for the brother printer are already fine, then this is the 2nd step to follow.
Brother Printer Offline Windows 10 – Try these Steps to get the Brother Printer Online
- On your Windows 10 open the control panel
- Click on the option saying Hardware and Sound and chose the Devices and Printers option
- Click start from the above-preferred option and set brother computer as the default printer.
- Right-click on the brother printer icon, go to the printer and cancel all the documents.
- Check the status of the printer by merely bringing the cursor in the brother printer icon.
- If the status is offline or paused, remove the checkmark from the list.
Sometimes, the status of the printer is offline, or it is not working correctly because of the incorrectly installed or copied drivers and connecting the USB into the wrong port. If the problem that exists is due to several copied drivers, make sure you chose the driver you know is working.
Check some other common issue on how to connect brother printer to wifi.
Few Common steps to keep in mind to fix the issues and bring your brother printer online are:
- Make sure you properly connect the brother printer that you want to use. If several brother printers are connected, switch on the one you want to use.
- Bring the cursor on the copied drivers one by one and check their status. If the state of the driver is ready, it depicts that the printer driver is working correctly.
- If this is the only printer you use regularly, right-click on the printer icon and choose Set as the default printer. Whenever you print next, the driver will automatically pick that printer.
For Mac operators Try these Steps If Brother Printer is Offline
- Select the Apple menu and chose print and scan options from the system preferences.
- Verify the printer driver which you are using.
- Click on the default icon and select the printer from the recorded list.
- The status of the printer is online, thus can be used for the work.
Still, after following all these steps, the brother printer does not turn online and get to the working conditions, call customer care services for the help.
An Offline message means the Brother printer cannot connect to a wireless network while printing. There are instances when installing third-party software on the computer can conflict with the Brother printer drivers and cause the printer to disappear.
1. Turn the Brother Printer on. Click on Settings > Devices > Printers & scanners on Windows 10. Locate your Brother printer, and then click Open queue. 4. If “Use Printer Offline” is selected, uncheck it. 5. Please contact Brother Printer Support if these steps do not get your Brother printer working again.
On the Brother printer, turn it on. Open the Printers and scanners section of the Settings menu in Windows 10. Click on the Brother printer and then click on Open queue. 4. Make sure “Use Printer Offline” is not selected under Brother Printer. 5. If your Brother printer does not come back online after following these steps, contact Brother Printer Support.