Whether you are connecting your brother printer to a computer or laptop for the first time, you may be facing some connectivity issues with it.
This step by step process will help you get it resolved quickly with no hassle.
Connect your Brother printer to your computer with a wireless connection.
The steps for connecting them are:
- Make sure to connect your wireless router to your router.
- With the same router, connect your brother printer.
- Once both of them are on the same network, you can combine them easily.
- Make sure that you install the drivers correctly and confirm the network name and password of your wireless router.
- From the downloads section, download the drivers of the printer.
- Now install the drivers by double-clicking on the downloaded file.
For Windows User – Steps to Connect Brother Printer to the computer
Select peer to peer brother network printer.
For proper network connections, enable firewall port settings and click next to continue with the installation process.
For MAC User – Steps to Connect Brother Printer to the computer
Leave the steps involved in the windows processor and directly jump to the next step listed below.
- For installation, if you have a USB cable, click on YES and prepare it.
- If you are on WPS mode, select No.
- Choose the previously selected network name and click on next.
- Follow the instructions given on the screen and keep selecting for the next option.
- The Wi-Fi LED of your printer lights up once it confirms its connection to the router.
- Now the printer is connected to the computer and is ready for printing work.
Steps to connect brother printer to the computer, manually
For windows processor:
- Install printer driver, setting tools, and P-touch editor beforehand on your computer.
- Turn on the printer and make sure it has blinking Wi-Fi light.
- Prepare the USB cable and connect both ends to the computer and printer.
- Click in communication settings in the printer setting tool of the network to initiate the working of the printer.
- For settings of the printer connected with a wireless router, select communication mode from the infrastructure.
- Select the name of the network and fill in the password.
- When the LED starts emitting continuous light, it means that it is connected successfully.
- Once you do the settings correctly, the brother printer will do its job efficiently.
For Mac Users:
- From the website, download the full software package.
- Search for the setup wizard from the utility folder.
- Follow the instructions on the screen to continue with the settings.
- Activate the Wi-Fi router of your computer and connect the computer to the network.
- Select the printer from the list ad start, P-touch editor.
- Now the printer is all set to perform its functions effectively.