Why won’t my brother printer print
In our daily lives, we need to print several things. The Brother printer is one of the essential gadgets of our routine. Printing from PC is a prevalent process in an office setting.
But sometimes, when the printer refuses to work or print, it creates a problem. A flow of delays and other issues are expected to arise when the brother printing machine stops working.
Must Check – Brother Printer Offline Issue
Difficulty in the Brother Printing machine can occur due to various reasons. According to experts, most of the time, the brother printer won’t print because the connection between the printer and the device is not well established. This issue can arise because of some improper settings or wrong configuration of the brother printer device.
You may also like: Wifi Connectivity of Brother Printer
If Brother Printer is not Printing Then Follow these steps to make it work on MAC or PC
- Make sure that your brother printer is switched on. When the printer is well charged and in running mode, you will see the LED lights are on.
A stable LED light on the power button can ensure that the brother printer machine is on. But if the lights are flickering, it can give you signs of errors.
There are options, such as toner or paper. Observe where the lights are indicating, there you get the root of the problem.
- Ensure the connection between your Brother Printer and your PC. You must check that the link should be safe. You can choose to reconnect if required.
Check in the PC’s setting that the brother printer is connected.
You should choose Brother Printer in the option of all devices available. It would be better if you set it to the default printer.
Check the access point, at the side of the printer and PC. You may need to reconnect the cable at both ends.
- Try Downloading Network Repair Utility: You can make a temporary folder and save the file of Network Repair Utility for your Brother Printer.
Open this file to extract it after the download is complete. You will observe a folder named ‘net tool.’ There you will see an option of “BrotherNetTool.exe”.
Double click it and then proceed to follow the instructions. Make sure that you disconnect one of the printers, in case there are several brother printers attached to your device.
- Know about the communication between your Brother printer and the device. You can find out the machine and PC’s IP Address.
- See the printing queue status of your device and the Brother Printer. It is better to have a printer device ready and a printing list empty. You will see this on the list.
- You can try doing a Print Test. If you have made any settings in the previous steps, then you must go for a printing test to see if your Brother Printer is working.
The issue is resolved if you get a successfully printed page. But if you get a problem with printing, then you need to follow further steps.
- Check the driver port settings. In the Printers, folder click right on the Brother driver and left click on properties, in the Printers folder.
You will observe the Brother printer driver properties screen. You should then click on the Ports tab.
There you will get a list of all the communication ports that are available on your device. There you have to click on ‘add port’.
Choose Standard TCP/IP Port. Further click on the new port. Then you will have to mention the IP address of your Brother machine.
Try Port Settings – If Brother Printer Won’t Print Error is Still There
Let’s see how to make brother printer print with some port settings
- Sometimes, you may receive an error with the port, telling you that the name already exists. In that situation, click ok. In the field of the PORT NAME field, slightly change the auto-filled name of the port.
- You may receive a window asking you about the Additional Port Information. In that case, we come to conclude that the computer and The Brother machine is not coordinating well.
- Firewalls, security reasons, the intervention of some other device, or an IP address conflict may be the root of the problem. You can try troubleshooting or eliminating as many reasons as you can on your own.
- Additionally, a window stating completion may be received. If your communication is successful, click finish. Your problem will be resolved. Try taking a print driver for your brother’s printer machine.
If the page does not get printed well, then your brother’s printer is not working. Then you can consider reinstalling the device.
Try to print a paper with your brother’s printer.
If your brother printer won’t print this time, you can contact your computer manufacturer.