Canon printers are one of the best kinds of printers and are known for their quality printing all over the world. With printing they also provide you with great design and features that’s why they are popular.
Sometimes, when you try to print you have noticed some issues pop up. One of the issues is the Canon Printer Being offline on the Mac. This offline issue means that your printer and Mac are not able to be in touch in order to print.
This Canon Printer being Offline on the Mac is one of the most annoying and frustrating ones that you might face. So we are here to help you with the solution of this error. You can easily follow and apply these steps on your own.
Why is my Canon printer is Offline on Mac?
There are many reasons which may affect your Canon Printer to show the offline error while you are printing from your Mac.
Some of the reasons are as follows-
- One of the reasons can be when the drivers of canon printer drivers you have are expired.
- When you change your router’s password that may also affect the connectivity,
- When the connection is loose between your printer and Mac.
- When your printer is disconnected from your wireless network.
- When your printer is having conflicts with some third-party software.
- When your printer’s software files are Corrupted.
Easy Methods to get Your Canon printer Online on the Mac
You can have the canon printer connection in two ways if you are using a Mac computer. In both of the caes your printer will quit to print and goes offline.
That’s why we are here with the easy steps that will let you to solve the Mac computer’s offline error, the two connections are-
- USB Connection.
- Wireless Connection.
When your mac and the Canon printer are connected with the help of a USB cable, in that case follow the below steps.
- First you have to press and hold your power button for a few sec and then reboot your printer.
- Then you have to delete your printer from the option of Printers and Scanners in your Mac.
- Now uninstall your printer drivers.
- From your printer and Mac, disconnect your USB.
- In your Mac, download and install the newest Canon printer drivers.
- After that you need to press your power button so that you can restart the Canon printer.
- Then connect your USB cable with both the ends of your printer and Mac.
- Lastly, move to the option of Printer and Scanners and select the add new printer there.
- Hopefully the Canon printer is Online and ready for the Printing work.
When your mac and the Canon printer are connected with the wireless network, in that case follow the below steps.
- First you have to hard reboot your printer by holding and pressing your power button for a few seconds.
- Then go to the icon of Apple and from there go to the System Preferences and choose the Printers and Scanners.
- In this step, from the option of printers and scanners on Mac, delete the printer.
- And turn on your printer.
- After that, again setup a wireless connection with your printer.
- Then wirelessly reconnect your Canon printer with the router.
- And Uninstall your printer’s drivers.
- Now download and install the newest driver of Canon printer on the Mac.
- Then go to the icon of Apple then to System Preferences and choose the Printers and Scanners option.
- Lastly, again add + the Canon Printer.
- Now check if your printer is online and is ready for printing.
Troubleshooting Canon Printer Is Offline Mac
Here are some troubleshooting steps to fix your Canon Printer Offline error on mac on your own. Keep trying until the issue is resolved.
Check the Connections
The first thing you need to do is to check the connectivity of your printer with your system.
Remove another connected printer
If you have connected more than one printer with your system that could be the another reason for the error “Offline Printer error on Mac’. If your one printer is added with different names that may also cause the error as it will confuse the system.
To solve this issue follow the given steps-
- First you have to check-in your Printer & Scanner of the windows.
- Then remove all other connected printers there.
- After that delete all the canon printer multiple icons created.
- Lastly, choose your printer and set it to the ‘default.’
If your printer is still showing the offline error, then proceed to the next troubleshooting trick.
Re-Add the Printer
Sometimes removing and re-adding your printer back to Mac may help to solve the error. Here are the steps you should follow.
- First step is to remove your printer from “Printer & Scanner.”
- Then you need to click on the “+” plus to add your Canon printer once again.
- Now choose the ‘printer’ option and again click on the “Add” option given there.
- Lastly, Select your printer or Airprint and then try giving a ner printing command.
Reset Apple’s Printing System
If some of your network settings are affecting your printing settings then you must reset your printing system to get everything settled back in working mode. Follow the given steps-
- First step is to click on the main Apple menu.
- Then choose the ‘System Preferences’ option which is mentioned there.
- Then Go to the “Printer & scanner” option there.
- Right-click in the left panel and choose ‘Reset Printing System.’
- Type the username and password there if asked.
- Now click on the ‘OK’ button there.
- After that you have to wait until the printer list becomes clean.
- Lastly, re-add your printer (check and scroll-up the previous section)